Thanks, Jenny, for starting this. I agree that it's a wonderful opportunity to keep in touch with our new friends, those who share the vocabulary and the concepts...and the hope!!!
Connor returned to all-day Marching Band practice, so that precluded any opportunity of him slipping back into the same old habits of video games, etc. He's pumped up and is hanging around with a couple of good kids from the Band. Here's hoping that those relationships maintain. He even sought out a teacher from last year with whom he'd behaved horribly...and apologized for his mouth and his behavior!!! I was astounded (pleasantly, of course).
All is not Nirvana, of course, as we've found ourselves starting to nag about some of the same old things. Ray & I both catch ourselves, though, and remember to look at the bigger picture...and try the CFR routine. It's worked to some extent!!
Everyone asks how Connor "did" at OB...and I'm finding it absolutely impossible to share the experience with anyone in 25 words or less. That's why keeping in contact with all of you is so important!
Still sailing...Joan
Friday, August 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know what you mean, I'm still unable to talk about it much without crying!!!
Post a Comment