Hello, Gunther Parents...
School started today! YES! We were all ready for Connor to have more structure and focus. Since there's been very little to occupy his time for the past two weeks (a REAL change from the 24/7 requirements of OB), he had fallen into something of a hapless routine, peppered with video games, friends, computer chatting, etc...not my idea of well-spent hours! I'm glad to be back into our regular schedule, despite the early morning wake-up calls. Con was actually excited when he walked out the door this morning!
It's been a medium successful homecoming! We have our moments, as you've indicated that we all have! I'm pleased with many of the communication skills that Connor's brought home. He has not wanted to work towards a nightly meeting (I didn't think that would go over...), but we have all agreed to be more transparent and address issues using the "CFR" format (but not wording) when we need to do so. It's worked fairly well -- I find I don't store as much pent-up frustration, then simmer with anger before the final blow-up!! It's nice to work things through in "real time". We're working through a lot of things, and -- for that -- we're most grateful.
I hope that you're all doing well and that you are ready for the challenge of this next school year! Thanks for being there...
Joan
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment