Hi all,
Well, we're settling in again and having our ups and downs. I think Michael is fighting the urge to return to "normal". But he realizes that normal wasn't working very well and that something has fundamentally changed. We set up a plan that surrounds his time at home before school starts (8-16), but realize things will change once we see how much free time he'll have after that. Our communication is better. I notice that when I ask him about different strategies we learned at OB, he is eager to talk about the meaning. We haven't quite translated that into actual doing - but it's a start and puts him in a good frame of mind. I like that he changed his my space page to include some photos and a quote from OB. It shows me his ownership of the experience. We've talked about how the full impact of the program may not be realized for a while. One really huge thing is that we are much closer and it's made me aware that I really didn't fully understand how much damage our relationship had sustained. I'm anxious to see what you are all experiencing and what's working for you. Jen, I'm so glad you did this!
Kind regards, Denna.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Denna, I saw the picture on Michael's page this morning! I was so psyched!!
Post a Comment